Join Our Team
Level 2 or 3 Nursery Educator
Level 2 or 3 Early Years Educator -
Full Time,Part Time
It's an exciting time to be joining hdc - we have faced a significant increase in children joining our nurseries and are looking forward to expanding again shortly! As such, we now have a fantastic opportunity for a qualified Early Years Educator to join our team.
You will need to have a Level 3 Early Years qualification as a minimum, and ideally have had previous experience working with nursery children for at least 2 years.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and self-motivated to ensure our babies have the best learning experiences and opportunities to support their individual development.
You will need to demonstrate ability to work as an effective team member, have a working knowledge of the sector and be willing to continue to develop your own practice.
This post requires a DBS check to be undertaken and satisfactory references.
Full Time & Part-time hours: from2 days (16 hours) per week on a weekly rota basis
Job Types: Full-Time, Part-Time, Permanent
Location: Dartmouth, Dartington, Newton Abbot, Kingsteignon
Purpose of the Posts
1. Promote the safeguarding and welfare of the children, staff and parents and carers.
2. To work under the direction of the Nursery Manager.
3. Support the aims and objectives of hdc and assist in the organisation of a high-quality establishment for children from birth to 5 years.
4. Provide high standards of childcare and education by monitoring and reviewing children attending the nursery. This includes providing a safe, caring environment to enable the emotional, social and educational development of children, through individual attention and group activities.
5. Deliver outstanding practice with the room and support staff to meet these expectations.
6. Commitment to improve all aspects of practice, staff and self-development to endeavour to achieve Ofsted ‘Outstanding’.
7. Promote the 6 core values of hdc: Consistency; Passionate, Honesty, Respect, Inspirational, Loyalty.
The safety and welfare of children is paramount to hdc and this position is exempted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. This means that you must declare all criminal convictions, including those that would otherwise be considered "spent" on your DBS declaration form.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when sufficient applications have been received.