Join Our Team
HDC (Humpty Dumpty Childcare) is a family-run business with four children’s day nurseries in South West Devon. Founded in 1989, we provide a caring and stimulating environment for children aged 3-months through to preschool. We pride ourselves on providing an outstanding service for professional working parents and work tirelessly to improve outcomes for both children and our teams.
About the Regional Manager role:
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will line manage our four nursery managers. This means you will lead a team of 65 and ultimately be responsible for the 332 children we look after on a weekly basis. Our Quality Assurance and Training & Development Managers will also report to you.
- You will join the HDC leadership team, which consists of the MD, Finance Director and Marketing Manager. While your main responsibility will be ensuring our teams are highly engaged and the children we look after enjoy a caring and stimulating environment, your seat on the leadership team will give you a great exposure to all areas of our business. In summary, this is a very senior position in our business where you can make your mark and help realise our ambition of becoming South Devon’s best quality early years provider.
- Your top priority will be to ensure the children we look after enjoy a caring and stimulating environment. You will support the implementation of the revised Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), ensure that all children and staff are treated as individuals, with personal learning goals to maximise their potential and take the lead on ensuring HDC continually reflects on and improves our core offer to families.
- You will also be responsible for coaching and developing our nursery managers, as well as their nursery teams. This means everything from managing their nurseries through the day-to-day organisation, upskilling staff teams, implementation, and monitoring of policies and procedures, and by implementing robust performance management processes to ensure that HDC’s objectives are met.
- Ensure the staff need of each of the nurseries are met by recruiting high quality and qualified staff, on time and within recruitment budget, in line with the number of children and income of the nursery.
- From a compliance perspective, you will monitor the performance of the nurseries, in partnership with QA Manager, ensuring compliance with policy, legislation, and local authority and OFSTED requirements.
Finally, you will work closely with our Finance Director and Marketing Manager to ensure the commercial performance of our nurseries. You will be expected to optimise occupancy, fees, debt collection and cost effectiveness to maintain our commercial performance. This is important as being a profitable company enables us to invest back into our nurseries.
HDC prides itself in improving outcomes for staff and children through its core values:
Personal – treating children, families and staff as individuals and taking pride in developing caring and supportive relationships. Personalised care and education are at the heart of our provision.
Professional – we are a learning organisation that is at the forefront of improving the quality of childcare provision. We set high standards for professional practice and aim to achieve excellence in all areas.
Nurturing – Team and children’s progress and wellbeing, as individuals, is our primary emphasis.
If you align yourself with these values and wish to bring your outstanding management experience to HDC, where you will be able to enhance your skills, then this is the role for you.
Core priority for the role is to Lead, Motivate and Inspire nursery managers to ensure the nurseries deliver an excellent service to families registered with HDC, you will also act as the Designated Safeguarding Officer for the company.
About you (Qualifications, behaviours, experience, and skills)
- Early Years/Education related degree.
- 2 years+ of working in a multi-site, Early Years group in a similar role
- Leadership and management qualification
- Experience working in a multi-site Early Years environment with a proven record of success and high levels of customer and employee satisfaction
Proven manager and strong leadership and capable management of large teams.
- Confident decision-maker and ability to support and challenge current thinking and drive and implement effective change where required
- Track record of delivering Outstanding childcare, ongoing childcare quality improvement and measurement and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- A highly motivated and driven individual who thrives on success
- Self-starter and ability to work on own initiative and ‘can do' attitude
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across the business
- Ability to adapt and implement change and be seen as the change agent
- Clear thinking under pressure and ability to rationalise situations and be sympathetic where necessary
- Attracts respect and trust amongst peers and colleagues
- Able to coach and lead experienced managers and recognise individual learning styles, to enable them to bring the best out in their teams.
- Passionate about working with and improving outcomes for young children. It is vital to understand that the primary focus for HDC is the service we provide to our families and that it must be closely aligned with the regulatory requirements set by Ofsted.
- Able to manage competing priorities and work under pressure.
Highly competitive salary
Performance related bonus
25% discount on childcare
Ongoing professional development, training and promotional opportunities